Job Title Analog & Mixed-Signal IC design team leader
Contract type Permanent contract
Starting Date Immediately
Location Paris, Caen - France
Job function SCALINX is seeking a dynamic and motivated team leader who will drive its Analog & Mixed-Signal (AMS) IC design team and contribute to the design of state-of-the-art CMOS Transceiver ASIC and ASSP for Communication, Defense and Test & Measurement markets.
The Analog & Mixed-Signal IC design team leader will report to SCALINX CTO.
- Direct management of an AMS IC design team.
- Contribute to the definition, deployment of a common AMS design methodology within the AMS design team(s) in close collaboration with the technical director, including the tracking of its effective usage.
- Contribute to the animation and development of the technical expertise of the AMS team members
- Propose a design methodology and help evolve it to harmonize practices and maximize the performance of the analog and mixed design team by taking into account the needs of different development projects.
- Contribute to the harmonization of the practice of design tools as well as technical documentation.
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of means of sharing expertise within the analog and mixed design team(s).
- Ensure close collaboration between his/her team and the other AMS design, digital design, software and lab teams.
- Contribute to the smooth running of the analog and mixed-signal design team on a daily basis.
- Use his/her technical expertise to advise members of the analog and mixed design team(s).
- Take charge of technical training missions in the field of analogue and mixed design as needed.
- Take charge of technical lead missions within projects as needed.
- Conduct the yearly appraisal of his/her analog and mixed team members.
Qualification and Experience
- MSc or PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and a successful experience in managing an analog & mixed-signal IC design team in an industrial environment
- 5+ years in management of complex integrated circuit development projects in a tight schedule
- Solid background in analog & digital electronic and signal processing
- Very good vision of the entire analog & mixed-signal IC design flow
- Proven track record in the design and characterization of analog and mixed-signal functions and/or RF blocks
- Strong leadership and communication skills to work with cross functional silicon development teams to meet internal and customer commitments
- Familiar with project/program management tools such as MS Project
- Experience with product development cycles from concept to production
- Project governance; rollout of framework and process to manage and monitor project execution through entire development life cycle (PLC)
- Configuration & change management; rollout of methodology and process to monitor and control change requests (bug, enhancements)
- Team player with a critical attitude and sense of initiative
- Fluent communication in English (oral and written) is a must
How to apply
If you have a passion for IC design and the ambition to create something different, please send your resume and a cover letter (in french or english) at email@example.com