Job Title: Director of Engineering
Contract type: Permanent
Starting Date: Immediately
Location: Paris/Caen/Grenoble - FRANCE
Offer date: 18/11/2021
Offer Ref: scx_director_eng_2021_01
Job function SCALINX is seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Engineering for the IC development department.
The candidate will manage the multi-disciplinary IC development team including Analog/Mixed-Signal design & layout, Digital Front-End/Back-End design, Verification, Software and Lab engineers, across all locations, to deliver state-of-the-art ICs in deep submicron CMOS technology.
The Director of Engineering will report to SCALINX CEO.
- Define, in close cooperation with the top management team, the IC development strategy and the necessary means to achieve the IC development roadmap to meet the business target.
- Lead the multi-disciplinary IC development teams of 40+ people from specification to product release.
- Define and ensure that the IC development teams have all the human, hardware and software means necessary to execute the IC development projects whilst meeting the agreed timing and cost target.
- Execute the operational follow-up of the projects assigned to the IC development teams in particular the running versus allocated budget.
- Define and execute the IC development strategy to maximize the operational efficiency of the IC development teams and ensure a good synergy between IC development projects to meet the business target defined by the top management.
- Ensure good communication between the Development teams under his supervision and the Innovation team managed by the CTO and the Sales & Marketing team.
- Drive the IC development teams and projects in a multi-site context (Paris, Caen, Grenoble) and address customers inside and outside France.
- ISO 9001 quality pilot for the IC development activity.
Qualification and Experience
- Management of multi-discipline IC development projects including hardware and software
- Broad scientific culture and areas related to the IC development (e.g. IC package, IC qualification…)
- Good vision and practical experience of the entire IC development flow from specification to product release
- Good understanding of the issues related to the integration and co-existence of Analog/Mixed signals, RF, Digital HW and SW functions
- Capability to manage a budget
- Good problem solver
- Capability to manage risk and compromises
- Fluently in French and English (oral and written)
- Solid experience in the management of multi-discipline IC development teams
- Solid experience in the management of multi-site subcontractors
- Team player and empowerment mindset
- Capable to manage stressing and demanding tasks
- Good listening and communication skills
How to apply
If you have a passion for IC design and the ambition to create outstanding products, it will be a great pleasure to receive your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
SCALINX is a fabless semiconductor company specialized in the design and supply of highly integrated semiconductor solutions for Communications, Aerospace & Defense and Industrial markets.
We offer turnkey semiconductor devices, evaluation kits and integration support, to help equipment manufacturers (OEM) solving their tightest signal conversion challenges.
Our semiconductor devices integrate RF/Analog, Mixed-Signal and Digital HW/SW processing functions enabling state-of-the-art Transceiver and/or Analog Front-End ICs. Our chips are built on a proprietary and protected Smart Conversion CORE (SCCORETM) technology, allowing power-efficient analog and digital processing of wideband signals. The chips development are supported by our tree design centers located in Paris, Caen and Grenoble.
SCALINX is committed to diversity & equity, we aim to improve disability inclusion within our workforce.
To learn more about SCALINX, visit our web site www.scalinx.com