Job Title Silicon validation engineer
Contract type permanent
Starting Date immediately
Location Caen - FRANCE
Job function SCALINX’s design team is seeking a dynamic and highly motivated mixed-signal IC characterization engineer who will participate to the evaluation of our signal conversion ASIC and ASSP.
The candidate will be particularly involved in the definition of the characterization and test strategy, preparation of the characterization plan, design of the hardware and software solution for lab measurement of the ICs in close collaboration with the design team.
The IC characterization engineer reports to SCALINX’ CTO.
- Define, in close collaboration with the IC development team, a plan for evaluating and testing the integrated circuit
- Participate to the development of the IC evaluation board including PCB design, component assembly and bugs correction
- Participate to the definition, development and maintenance of the evaluation software
- Verify and characterize the fabricated IC in our measurement lab
- Write documentation in accordance with the company's quality policy
- Participate to design reviews and discussions with the Program manager
Qualification and Experience
- MSEE or BSEE with minimum 3+ years of experience in the characterization of Analog and/or Mixed-Signal Integrated Circuits
- Previous experience with development of automated verification / Test plan is mandatory
- Ability to modify and update automated characterization plan based on inputs from designers is mandatory
- Familiar with PCB power supply decoupling techniques, shielding and design of matched impedance traces
- Ability to capture, analyze and present characterization data using Excel
- Mastery in C, Python or other high-level programming languages.
- Familiar with PCB CAD software for schematic design and layout.
- Hands-on experience with lab verification/characterization equipment (spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, etc.)
- A previous experience in evaluating high-speed ADC and/or DAC functions is a plus
- A previous experience with high-speed serial data interface such as LVDS and/or JESD204B is a plus
- FPGA knowledge is a plus
- Highly organized and effective communication skills
- Must be able to work independently, create and adhere to schedules
- You are a team player with a critical attitude and sense of initiative
- You are a professional who can deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
How to apply
If you are passionate about contributing to the success of an innovative and competitive startup, it will be a great pleasure to receive your resume at email@example.com
SCALINX is a fabless semiconductor company headquartered in Paris, France, specialized in Signal Conversion ASSP and ASIC designs for Test & Measurement, Defense & Aerospace and Communications markets.
We help our customers to reduce the cost and shorten the development time with our Smart Conversion Platform based on proprietary SCCORETM technology.
The SCCORETM technology enables data conversion solutions where signal filtering and resolution trade-offs are carried out in programmable digital circuitry. The flexibility and programmability ingredients of the SCCORETM technology combined with our Signal Conversion IP blocks are key for complex ASSP and ASIC projects. ASSP and ASIC developments are supported by our three design centers in Paris, Caen and Sophia-Antipolis.
To learn more about SCALINX, visit our web site www.scalinx.com